Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] The latest GM RPM's from Johnny's site.

Le lun 02/02/2004 à 12:08, Craig Southeren a écrit :
> I don't think it is feasible to require all users of QTI cards to change
> to non-NTPL kernels. For example, this would mean that QTI cards would
> not work on standard RedHat 9 boxes.
> While I also would much prefer code to be the same for 2.4 and 2.6, it
> would be easy to implement a run-time check. The version detection would
> actually be done when PProcess is started, and that would set a flag
> internally to PProcess. The code for each check would be as follows:
>     if (PProcess::Current().PIsNTPLKernel())
> kernel 2.6 stuff
>     else
> kernel 2.4 stuff
> If worse comes to worse, this is what we will have to do.

It means that the workaround that makes the driver work on 2.4 and 2.6
must be found. Adding the Yield () back is not a solution as it would
fix the Quicknet driver on 2.4 but not on 2.6, as a consequence, the
driver would only work on 2.4, which is not a solution either as most
distributions are now moving to 2.6.

>    Craig
>  Craig Southeren, craigs postincrement com
>  Post Increment - Software, Consulting and Services
>  Co-founder of the only open source H.323 project
>  Phone: +61 2 43654666   Fax: +61 2 43673140   Mobile: +61 417 231046
>  ICQ: #86852844          MSN: craig_southeren hotmail com
>  GnuPG Public Key:
>  Blog:
 _      Damien Sandras
//\     It-Optics s.a.