Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] hotplug support

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 08:36 +0200, PUYDT Julien wrote:
> Le jeu, 12/08/2004 �2:33 +0930, Malcolm Caldwell a �it :
> > All gnomemeeting would need is a way to be told to rescan its video
> > devices externally.
>
> I'm wondering what the advantage of automatically rescan video devices
> would be?
>
> If the user already chose a device, gnomemeeting certainly must not
> change it to a newly plugged device...

I think you should do a rescan only when:
1. Video transmission is ON
  AND
2. Video plugin is not == picture (eg Video plugin = V4L)
  AND
3. Input device is == "No device found"

In this case we know the user has explicitly said they want to use V4L.
In fact you can be fairly sure the did not want the bouncing logo!

Additionally, perhaps there may be a case for a check box 'enable
hotplug'