[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] hotplug support

Hello,

Here is a feature request.

Could gnomemeeting be made to work with hotplug?

All gnomemeeting would need is a way to be told to rescan its video
devices externally.

For example kino when send a -USR2 will look for a new jog shuttle USB
device.  Kino comes with a hotplug script that does a kill -USR2 when
such a device is plugged in.

gnomemeeting could also be configured this way.  It would make things a
lot more plug and play.  (And help me personally everytime I join a VC
only to see the bouncing logo because I forgot to plug in the webcam!)
Hotplugging should increase usability somewhat.

Note that the gnomemeeting changes are contained so gnomemeeting is
still portable.  That is, gnomemeeting itself does not need to know
about how hot plugging works or is implemented - all it needs is a way
for other programmes to trigger a rescan.