Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] hotplug support

Le jeu, 12/08/2004 à 09:04 +0200, Damien Sandras a écrit :
> I don't think DBUS will help with this, but perhaps HAL would do.

As far as I know, HAL uses DBUS.

> I'm a bit against the -USR2 thing as I feel it is a rude hack.

I think the same.

> Btw, about DBUS, will we have a GTK+ only implementation like what xmms
> is doing to receive commands or not?

DBUS is a freedesktop.org project: it is desktop-agnostic. It is a C
library that has glib bindings, qt bindings, mono bindings and python
bindings (I'm not sure this list is complete, but you should get the
point).

With a nice DBUS interface, gnomemeeting should be able to interact with
*all* desktops!