Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] ILS, big problem

paul wrote:
On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 22:38, Damien Sandras wrote:

Perhaps Paul should have the final work on this

I'm afraid I don't understand why this is a problem. ILS lists people
who wish to be in a directory. It isn't designed to guarantee that
these people are reachable. Suppose, for example, that I wish to
register with an ILS server but configure my firewall to only allow
a known subset of people to contact me. Does that make me incorrectly
configured? Suppose, the ILS server has a check at registration to
see if the stated port is reachable, I could just allow connections
from the ILS server but from nowhere else.

DNS lists hosts and mail servers etc, but nowhere is it guaranteed
that you can connect to them. What is the difference here?

Paul

Hi all

I was thinking the same as Paul yesterday, and imagine that a user is trying to configure his firewall and then when it popps upp a mesage all the time or he is disconnected all the time from ils when he is trying to configure his system. I guess that can be quite annoying for the end user.

Cheers Johnny