Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] ILS, big problem

Hi Damien,

> > if you scan through the ils list on a difference basis (i.e. only
> > changed and new users since last scan), you could just flag those users
> > with an ldap field that their ip cannot be called. that way you'd have
> > say gray, red and green users in the ils browser.
>
> It wouldn't be compatible with Netmeeting and old GM versions.

well, we could just edit the comment field in that case and insert a
high-bit char as #1 or as last. nobody will be annoyed, but GM does know
it's a broken config.

> > the gray ones are callable but busy.
> > the red ones are not callable at all.
>
> Why display them then?

to "explain" to newbies why those can't be called. it'll decrease the
"well, i can call *NOBODY* on ILS" messages i hope.

> > and the green ones are callable and not busy.
> >
> > if then gm would scan for this field set every once in a while (when
> > registering/unregistering on the server e.g.) a popup could be displayed
> > that a regular check has proven the setup to be non-working.
> >
> > at least for a non push-processing system (i.e. server can tell client
> > directly) that seems to work fine at reasonable load to me.
> >
> > Objections?
>
> What is the advantage over solution 3?

that it's no active server echo. so no client or fake client can DOS the
server with requests that way.

--
Best regards,
 Kilian