Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] bug ?

Hi,

[...]

> for both kernel, imposible to make recognize webcam mic thru
> snd-usb-audio
> 2.4.21 and a nice /dev/sound/dsp1 under 2.6.0)
> but impossible to make GM see that device with ALSA plugin selected.
> (with OSS plugin under 2.4.21 not seen neither, under 2.6.0 dsp1 seen
> perfectly).

snd-usb-audio won't make anything appear in /dev/sound/dsp1. dsp* names
are for OSS only, (or OSS emulation), not for ALSA.

> with audio (oss) module loaded it makes for both kernel a nice
> /dev/sound/dsp1 but oblige me to use ALSA OSS emulation :/

Well, I guess it is something related to your installation. Are other
people here using ALSA and having problems?

> then second part, for which i subjected this mail as "bug ?"
> when OSS plugin selected and having both /dev/sound/dsp and
> /dev/sound/dsp1 when i go to the audio prefs and set dsp as player and
> dsp1 as recorder, then close the prefs and go to the druid.
> then on the audio devices settings and test page, it displays me dsp1
> both as player and recorder, whatever i previously selected in the
> prefs.

Then that's a bug, can others reproduce it? Because here, I can't.
If yes, then it is a bug. If not, then you will have to determine why it
happens on your system.

> So i set again dsp as player and dsp1 as recorder, but when going to the
> settings are set back to dsp1 for both player and recorder, whatever i
> set just before.

Yes that's a normal behavior. When switching to the audio devices page,
it resets the settings to the GConf defaults, because the user could
have changed the audio plugin. The problem is that the API doesn't give
a way to know if you are arriving at that page because you clicked
"Next" or "Back". So that's not a bug, but a feature.

> i don't think that's a normal behavior.

the last thing is normal, but not the one before ;)

> i know though that the prefs are updated only when clicking on the
> finish last page button, but.....
>
> Fabrice

(o-
//\     It-Optics s.a.