Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] bug ?

Am Samstag, 22. November 2003 02:04 schrieb Fabrice Alphonso:
> Le ven 21/11/2003 à 22:08, Fabrice Alphonso a écrit :
> > wanted to try Gm with webcam again and sound manager today.
> > here is my config :
> > latest ptlib, ptlib-plugins-alsa, ptlib-plugins-oss, openh323 and gm-cvs
> > from dominance's .deb
> > kernel-2.4.21 with alsa-0.9.8
> > or
> > kernel-2.6.0test9 with incorporated alsa
> > Webcam: logitech 4000 Pro
> >
> > for both kernel, imposible to make recognize webcam mic thru
> > snd-usb-audio
> > 2.4.21 and a nice /dev/sound/dsp1 under 2.6.0)
> > but impossible to make GM see that device with ALSA plugin selected.
> > (with OSS plugin under 2.4.21 not seen neither, under 2.6.0 dsp1 seen
> > perfectly).
> >
> > with audio (oss) module loaded it makes for both kernel a nice
> > /dev/sound/dsp1 but oblige me to use ALSA OSS emulation :/
>
> Some more precisions about that part.
> i just realized something. I rebooted the laptop while having the webcam
> still plugged, so at boot up sequence the usb devices were recognized
> and modules related to usb loaded before the alsa sound was started, and
> it appeared that in GM at this time the usb mic has been discovered but
> not the main sound card.
> i closed my graphical session , then unloaded all sound modules then
> reloaded them by starting ALSA first then loading the usb webcam's mic
> in second, and there GM saw the main sound card but nomore the webcam's
> mic.
>
> is there some problem in ALSA plugin in audio device detection ?
>
> does it stops when it find the first device not trying to see if there
> are some more available ?
>
> Fabrice

Do you have something like
options snd snd_cards_limit=3 snd_major=116
in your modules conf? This is the limit for autoprobing, modprobing loads
additional modules ignoring this limit.

Greets,

Stefan

--
Stefan Brüns  /  Kastanienweg 6 - Zimmer 1206  /  52074 Aachen
mailto:lurch gmx li  http://www.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de/~lurchi/