Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] bug ?

Le ven 21/11/2003 à 22:08, Fabrice Alphonso a écrit :
> wanted to try Gm with webcam again and sound manager today.
> here is my config :
> latest ptlib, ptlib-plugins-alsa, ptlib-plugins-oss, openh323 and gm-cvs
> from dominance's .deb
> kernel-2.4.21 with alsa-0.9.8
> or
> kernel-2.6.0test9 with incorporated alsa
> Webcam: logitech 4000 Pro
>
> for both kernel, imposible to make recognize webcam mic thru
> snd-usb-audio
> 2.4.21 and a nice /dev/sound/dsp1 under 2.6.0)
> but impossible to make GM see that device with ALSA plugin selected.
> (with OSS plugin under 2.4.21 not seen neither, under 2.6.0 dsp1 seen
> perfectly).
>
> with audio (oss) module loaded it makes for both kernel a nice
> /dev/sound/dsp1 but oblige me to use ALSA OSS emulation :/

Some more precisions about that part.
i just realized something. I rebooted the laptop while having the webcam
still plugged, so at boot up sequence the usb devices were recognized
and modules related to usb loaded before the alsa sound was started, and
it appeared that in GM at this time the usb mic has been discovered but
not the main sound card.
i closed my graphical session , then unloaded all sound modules then
reloaded them by starting ALSA first then loading the usb webcam's mic
in second, and there GM saw the main sound card but nomore the webcam's
mic.

is there some problem in ALSA plugin in audio device detection ?

does it stops when it find the first device not trying to see if there
are some more available ?

Fabrice

--
Fabrice Alphonso
Translation Maintainer - GnomeMeeting Team