Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Registering to microtelco GK & IP translation (Firewall Problems ?)

Le mar 06/05/2003 à 14:17, btqy free fr a écrit :

> Ok, Damien
>
> I'm ready !
>
> I was by myself (no wife, no kids...) last week-end and I've tried already to
> compile Gnomemeeting over SuSE 8.1 . It wasn't so obvious and at the end a
> library was still missing. I gave up... Gnome is not very well suported by SuSE.
> (It apparently changed with the new 8.2 version, I'm testing...)
> As you read in my messages, I'haven't stop during 4 days.
> But now, I promise you i'm still very motivated, specially if a solution can be
> found.

Recent changes in the MicroTelco GK coudl have broken things and require
a change in GnomeMeeting, but I'm not sure of that. They only way to
know is that you can test it. If you want to test it, then you will need
to recompile GnomeMeeting by yourself.

Please report us the problems you encounter while compiling it yourself,
we will help you. The required change (once it is compiled) is a
one-line fix.

> I sent last night a long Email to BEWAN (NAT/PAT) support to check with them
> those problems of IP TRANSLATION and Voice over IP.
> I've got some time to explore the logs of the week. I've seen some strange
> things on the port :
>
> * 1719 Static UDP Gatekeeper -> this port was closed on my FW (not in the
> FAQ) - At the end, I've seen the dialog on this port but stupidly I've opened it
> in TCP.
>
> * 389 Static TCP ILS Registration (LDAP) -> for registration to ils.seconix.com,
> there is some dialog on this port (not in the FAQ). Mine was CLOSED.
>
> Perhaps if I open correctly those two new ports, it can change something ?
> What do you think ?

I think not except if you restricted outgoing traffic from your LAN to
the Internet to a given range of ports...