[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Registering to microtelco GK & IP translation (Firewall Problems ?)

Le sam 03/05/2003 à 01:40, Bruno Tanqueray a écrit :

>> I've done tests with ohphone.
>> There is no capabilies (that I know ?) to have the beautiful IP translation
>> function. After a normal registration & call like :

>I don't remember the option, but there is one option, look in main.cxx
>> ohphone -u 123456789012 --password 1234 -g gk.microtelco.com -q0
1415777345699

I found the option, it was simply : --translate 170.56.78.123 (as Internet IP)
With this option, I can't be registered by microtelco gw.

In console : translating IP, registering impossible !
----------------
Listening interfaces : ALL:1720
Masquerading as address MY_INTERNET_IP
Enabling H.235 security access to gatekeeper.
Error registering with gatekeeper at "gk.microtelco.com"
OhPhone ended.
----------------

Without the translating option, I can be registered but I can't receive any
sound and the communication is quickly cut.

In console : no translation, registering easy but no sound :-(
----------------
Listening interfaces : ALL:1720
Enabling H.235 security access to gatekeeper.
Gatekeeper set: bmac 66 7 159 99
Waiting for incoming calls for "MY_ALIAS/1"
Command ? Offhook - dialtone
Playing dialtone
----------------

It's exactly the same problem known with Gnomemeeting.

>If you can register without IP translation to the GK with ohphone, you
>should be able to do it with GnomeMeeting too.

Yes, as I wrote before, I can do that.
But after being registered, if I want to communicate, I must go into
parameters ad check the IP translation because without, I can't hear
anything... That's what I call my little gymnastic.
It's a tip for geek, imagine my wife if I ask to do that ;-)

>>Ok, I will try to pick what I can.
>>But it's a very close system.
>>Perhaps I should swap to the cheap NAT system I've got at home :
>> old PC + IPCop Linux as firewall
>> At least I know it's H.323 compatible and it works perfectly for
>>gnomemeeting.

>As long as you don't use the buggy H.323 NAT module, and you forward
>ports, it should work. I'm using iptables at home and have no problems
>to register to the GK. If it doesn't take too much time, it is worth a
>try...

What you mean with buggy H.323 NAT module ?
It's not as easy to use as expected ?
Waiting for the new IPCop 1.3 (kernel 2.4 at least..)

>I'm happy that it works with the gymnastic, but it shouldn't
>require it ;)

I know, I continue my investigations  ;-)

Bye

 Bruno Tanqueray
 btqy at free.fr