Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] IP translation vs gk.microtelco.comregistration through a firewall

Le sam 03/05/2003 à 01:40, Bruno Tanqueray a écrit :
> Bonsoir and many thanks for the fast reply,

[...]

> > - you need to disable IP translation to register to the gatekeeper, that
> > is not normal either. IP translation should be enabled to register to
> > the gatekeeper and that is the way it works here without problem.
>
> Here, I've only get problems.
> I've done tests with ohphone.
> There is no capabilies (that I know ?) to have the beautiful IP translation
> function. After a normal registration & call like :

I don't remember the option, but there is one option, look in main.cxx

> ohphone -u 123456789012 --password 1234 -g gk.microtelco.com -q0 1415777345699
>
> There is a beginning of ring but quickly cut. I assume because the problem of
> IP translation. If someone know how to get the IP translation with ohphone,
> sure it can help to debug my system.

If you can register without IP translation to the GK with ohphone, you
should be able to do it with GnomeMeeting too. That's something I don't
understand, your problem is very weird :(

> Ok, I will try to pick what I can.
> But it's a very close system.
> Perhaps I should swap to the cheap NAT system I've got at home :
> old PC + IPCop Linux as firewall
> At least I know it's H.323 compatible and it works perfectly for gnomemeeting.

As long as you don't use the buggy H.323 NAT module, and you forward
ports, it should work. I'm using iptables at home and have no problems
to register to the GK. If it doesn't take too much time, it is worth a
try... I'm happy that it works with the gymnastic, but it shouldn't
require it ;)