Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] IP translation vs gk.microtelco.comregistration through a firewall

Bonsoir and many thanks for the fast reply,

In answer to the questions :

> Do you mean that without IP translation you can not register to ILS?
> That proves something wrong with the firewall because IP translation has
> no influence over ILS registration: ILS registration should always work,
> IP translation or not.

Ok, for ils.seconix.com I won't be so affirmative because yesterday it was On
and Off. I was more concentrated on PC2Phone because gnomemeeting works
already nicely.
But to get registered to gk.microtelco.com : I must uncheck the IP
translation. That's sure I've made 1000 tests...

> Are you absolutely sure that your ADSL router doesn't support H.323?

It's a Bewan Lanbooster 6104. To get sound and video with gnomemeeting, I
needed to check IP translation. Without this setting, I've got nothing. So, I
conclude it doesn't support H.323. nothing is written in their manual about
it.

> Actually you are describing me abnormal things :
> - you need to enable IP translation to register to ILS, that is not
> normal

You are right, I was confused.

> - you need to disable IP translation to register to the gatekeeper, that
> is not normal either. IP translation should be enabled to register to
> the gatekeeper and that is the way it works here without problem.

Here, I've only get problems.
I've done tests with ohphone.
There is no capabilies (that I know ?) to have the beautiful IP translation
function. After a normal registration & call like :

ohphone -u 123456789012 --password 1234 -g gk.microtelco.com -q0 1415777345699

There is a beginning of ring but quickly cut. I assume because the problem of
IP translation. If someone know how to get the IP translation with ohphone,
sure it can help to debug my system.

> I suggest you to log things at your router because it is not doing things
> correctly...

Ok, I will try to pick what I can.
But it's a very close system.
Perhaps I should swap to the cheap NAT system I've got at home :
old PC + IPCop Linux as firewall
At least I know it's H.323 compatible and it works perfectly for gnomemeeting.

Bye folks

Bruno Tanqueray
btqy at free.fr