Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] GnomeMeeting Manual

Hey all,

First of all I would like to know why:
* What is gnomemeeting?
Is left out of the manual/document?
I feel that even though you have it everywhere it should not be left out
of the manual. Don't look at the manual from a Power user way, look at
it from a newbie that has downloaded the application and has not been at
the site yet.

You should also add that FAQ thingys are available on
www.gnomemeeting.org for people to look at. Like the router and other
setup thingys should stay in the FAQ.

>From what I know...I think that the Usage section should contain a small
help about using gnomemeeting in different ways and also tell the user
what the different values are. (Example: Color values in the audio
stats.)

Preferences must be in the manual. This will help the user to easy
understand the actual use of the preferenses. What they do. Example of
when using that value instead of this value. And so on. (This could also
be updated later with more information but the basic info is needed.)
But preferences could also be named Settings. And have subtitles in it.

Here is something I think might look good:

1. Introduction
---------------
* What is gnomemeeting?
* What can gnomemeeting do?

2. Getting Started
------------------
* To start gnomemeeting
* When you start gnomemeeting (should have some info about the
configuration druid)

3. Usage
-------------------
(Many usage things goes here like calling a user and different ways to
do it if it is possible)

4. Settings
-------------------
* Information about the dialogs in the preferences. (What they are. some
tips about the best thing to use here and there and so on.)

5. About GnomeMeeting
-------------------
* What people are involved with gnomemeeting.
* The License.
* And some other things.

6. Other info
* Where to get even more help and how to get involved maybe?

Well it is a thought anyways.

Regards,
--
Niklas <scizzo sector7 nu>