Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] GnomeMeeting Manual

Le jeu 13/03/2003 à 14:02, Matthias Redlich a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> as you all know we need a new structure for the GnomeMeeting manual
> because the old one was not appropriate. I will start a very broadly
> structure here and hope that you agree with it (feel free to change it)
> and that we will be able to complete it together on this list:
>

> 1. Introduction
> -------------------
>
> * What is GM used for?
> * What can I do with it?
>
> 2. Getting started
> -------------------
>
> * How do I launch GM?

What do you expect to put here?!

> 3. Usage
> -------------------
>
> * Calling a user
>
> 4. Preferences
> -------------------
>
> (I am not sure in this point. Maybe we can describe some practical
> settings here)
>
> * Optimizing GnomeMeeting for my bandwidth
> * Audio quality
> * Video quality
> * GnomeMeeting behind a NAT/PAT-Router

I would put everything in the Usage section and under a task-oriented
structure:
- Calling other users
- Managing my contacts
- Understanding the statistics
- ...

As already stated here, I don't think that GnomeMeeting behind a NAT/PAT
router should be part of an usage manual, it is part of the installation
of GnomeMeeting and not how to use it, so the place of such a thing is
in the FAQ, duplicating it in an usage manual is bad IMHO.