[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Latest CVS

Hello to all,

Latest CVS has many changes that I would like you to test because they
make GnomeMeeting complex and thus probably buggy. I've found recently a
few bugs that nobody had mentionned, so please be careful with testing,
good testing is a big help for me !

1) Calls History

The calls history was placing the calls in the wrong place. You should
try to check the calls history, Matt had found a bug, I guess it is
fixed now but I'm not sure (Matt if you can try to reproduce it... ask
to Johnny to build new RPMs with the changes I committed 5 minutes ago
to CVS).

There are several cases that were not taken into account :
- Dialing a wrong hostname was in the history, but not dialing a wrong
callto URL.
- Some "Unanswered calls" were placed in the received calls.

Currently the policy is to place the "given calls" in the "given calls"
section, the "received calls" in the "received calls" section, the
rejected (by Do Not Disturb or timeout), auto-rejected or forwarded
calls in the "Unanswered calls" section.

Christopher, if you have a better naming scheme, I would be grateful!

2) Call Transfer

That feature needs a LOT of testing. If you test it, please mail me and
tell me the tests you have done.

Call Transfer is different from Call Forwarding. When you receive an
incoming call, it can be forwarded to another host if you are busy, if
you don't answer, or if you decide to always forward. You can currently
not forward to a callto url or to a speed dial (coming soon).

When you already are in a call, you can chose to transfer it to another
person. For example, Alice is customer to company A and calls company A.
Bob is an employee of company A, he answers the call of Alice, and
discusses with her. He discovers that his colleague John will be able to
answer the question of Alice, and he decides to Transfer the current
call to John. Alice will then be redirected *automatically* to John and
the connection with Bob will end.

You can transfer a call in GnomeMeeting in different ways :
- In the Call menu -> Transfer Call: Kilian gets a crash in GTK when
doing this, who else ?
- In the address book, select a contact in ILS or in a group and
double-click on it while you are in a call. The call will be transferred
to the person who you just double-clicked in the address book.
- You can also use the main menu or the right-click menu in the address
book.

When you are transferring a call, you are presented a window popup. You
can then enter the URL to which you want to forward (it is already done
if you are transferring to a contact of the addressbook), that URL can
be an H323 URL, a CALLTO URL, or a speed dial (yes, I did a good job,
thanks!).

Christopher, I propose you to include this (after you have improved the
text) in a section : "Transferring and Forwarding Calls" in the manual.

The others :
When you are testing, you have to test cases for which you suspect GM
won't work. No need to test the basic cases, I already know it works.
You have to try to make the software fail. How? for example, try to
transfer a call to a wrong speed dial, to a wrong URL like "h32:", to an
empty URL like "h323:". Try to interrupt the call while you are
transferring it. Try limit cases ! For your information I'm doing it the
whole day.

Who read this until the end? ;))

Thanks to those of you who will test and who read me.

Code freeze will happen in one week, I really need bug reports now!!
--
Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>