Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] [Fwd: Re: URL bugs?]

> I think writting host.com should be enough if 1740 is the standard port
> (if not host.com:1740). As h323:// would be the most common prefix, GM
> should try that itself (in the same way the web brosers add the http://,
> http://www. or even ftp:// if the host name starts with ftp.

1720 is the standard port, so no need to put it when you call a remote
location. If the user has to call a different port, say 1740, he has to
write h323:@host.com:1740 and not h323:host.com:1740 like with callto.
That is the *whole* problem. If GM adds the "@" for the user, then GM
breaks the RFC. If GM respects the RFC, there is no way to guess that
host.com:1740 is not correct, so there is no guessing possible at all
here.

You proposed that GM writes itself the advanced URL. How could we do in
the present case?

Creating a GTK dialog to build valid URLs is not a problem for me, we
don't even need to support *all* URLs with that dialog, but only the
most common ones. Users are still free to write more advanced URLs by
hand if they need it. However I don't see how and where that dialog
could be called... In Tools ? URL Editor?

Do we understand correctly each other?

/me is drinking coffee now so that his brain works again