Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] [Fwd: Re: URL bugs?]

Hi Damien!

> Are we going back to callto: as default instead of h323: ?
>
> There is an RFC about h323:, but it looks indeed counter-intuitive...
I would stick with the RFC because I tend to agree with Miguel's arguments.
This URL's definition has to be precise. Apart from that I really can't see why
the h323-URL definition is counter intuitive -- it's quite clear what to put in
which place. And to be honest: addressing a snail mail letter is more difficult
than using the h323-URL -- you need to write the name, the street, the
apartment-#, the postcode, the city and the national code onto a letter; and
all in the right order, and twice, the recipient and the source! Giving 3 or 4
examples in the documentation should be completely sufficient to understand,
how to use the h323:-notation.

Just my 2-¤-Cents.
Christian

--
JOIN - IP Version 6 in the WiN  Christian Strauf
A DFN project                   Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet Muenster