Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] ILS extension on ils.seconix.com

>   From my point of view, I guess this solution would only work for GM,
> and not for other H.323 compatible clients, so it is just limiting GM,
> and therefore, if it is trure that most of the NM users use it just to
> meet people... then they would still be able to call us :-( and we would
> not win anything (they could call us anyway).

Wrong. If you change it on the server side, this solution is not only
restricted to GM users. At least the NM users would not see you anymore
in their listing. But yes, only GM could switch between these modes at
the moment, but who cares?

Seems like I am the only one but I think Damiens idea is pretty good. In
my opinion it is easier to implent and works nearly as good as filters
(but they are much more work).

>   For me, I would prefer to have the control to reject/accept whoever I
> want to, and I don't mind being listed in ils, is like being in the
> yellow pages, later it is up to me to accept a call from my boss or not,
> for instance.
>
>   Is not a bad idea, but I think filters are more effective. And yes! I
> know tt is very easy to say for someone who is not coding them.

Maybe they are a bit more effective, but do not believe that they are
100 % safe.
Without an authentication method (to ils) it will not be possible to
identify the people. Users will always be able to fake their identity,
thus they could also bypass your filters.

My question:
Is it worth to code the filters and have a bit more control over
incoming calls or would the easy solution (which is indeed a bit less
comfortable) be enough?

Cheers,
Matthias