Re: Re[4]: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] SIP and GnomeMeeting - please comment

fre 2003-02-21 klockan 18.35 skrev Kilian Krause:
> having thought about the callto:// uri emulation, i still don't come
> to the point of liking the syntax you two propose.. call it a personal
> issue problem or whatever, but it still doesn't feel "natural" to me
> that way (please anybody who has an RFC for URIs point me to it)
>
> pondering on what would look better i propose:
> callto://user,sip host:port/
> or
> callto://user host:port,sip/
> (i've chosen the ',' for not using '/'.. any other separator is fine
> with me too, i.e. '$', '%','=',';')
>
> which would clarify whom we try to call and leave the _how_ to call
> him in the second place (which is far more logical to me, as we can
> even omit it using the fallback algorythm). i mean in the end i wanna
> call a user, not a protocol.. so the internal way of dealing with is
> to be placed somewhere but at the front, imho.
>
> for the fallback procedure i fully agree ;)
>
> comments?

I really think this suggestion is breaking standards. URI:s are higly
standardized, and we shouldn't break standards just because it's
possible. Daniel Veillard has for a long time been fighting for only
using standards-compatible URIs in GNOME, I'm sure he has something to
say about the current and proposed use in GnomeMeeting too. :-)

Christian