Re[4]: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] SIP and GnomeMeeting - please comment

Hi Christian,

having thought about the callto:// uri emulation, i still don't come
to the point of liking the syntax you two propose.. call it a personal
issue problem or whatever, but it still doesn't feel "natural" to me
that way (please anybody who has an RFC for URIs point me to it)

pondering on what would look better i propose:
callto://user,sip host:port/
or
callto://user host:port,sip/
(i've chosen the ',' for not using '/'.. any other separator is fine
with me too, i.e. '$', '%','=',';')

which would clarify whom we try to call and leave the _how_ to call
him in the second place (which is far more logical to me, as we can
even omit it using the fallback algorythm). i mean in the end i wanna
call a user, not a protocol.. so the internal way of dealing with is
to be placed somewhere but at the front, imho.

for the fallback procedure i fully agree ;)

comments?

--
Cheers,
 Kilian