Re[4]: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] SIP and GnomeMeeting - please comment

Hi Damien,

DS> I understand your point of view, but if we keep callto as general URI
DS> type, real SIP users won't consider GnomeMeeting as a serious SIP
DS> application, just as if a new browser supporting non-standard vhsp:
DS> instead of standard http: URI was released.

ok, touché.. well i still think the other way 'round.. GM has been
shown on the last presentation of yours to unite all its features in
the callto-uri-style.. so i think it should be kept (if for default is
discussable).. still the callto-uri range could also show gm as united
VoIP-platform in spite of others just doing 1 thing at a time (well,
who knows, maybe we can even proxy from h323 to sip when transferring
a call?).. so this seems to me like the visit-card of gm presenting
its wide range within a handy scale uri..

DS> However, callto://[real URL], like for example
DS> callto://sip:user hostname
DS> doesn't seem a so bad idea, but it is lengthy and perhaps more confusing
DS> for newbies.

length doesn't matter if we can use XDAP/ILS for that.. and for the
straigt way there's still the shorter notations.. (still this is just
a notation form amongst others, and i don't see why gm should at least
understand all of them)

--
Cheers,
 Kilian