Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] 0.98

ons 2003-02-19 klockan 14.51 skrev Damien Sandras:
> > The discussion was about duplicating the GNOME sound functionality in
> > the GM preferences.
>
> If I do so, I remove the GNOME sound functionality. This has currently
> several problems I think :
> - it doesn't work for non-GNOME users

If every GNOME app should duplicate functionality in GNOME itself in
order to please non-GNOME users, there's not much point in having GNOME
to begin with, is it? That however doesn't mean that I'm against smooth
GM operation without GNOME, just that removing integration probably
isn't the correct way.
The issues of sound server used and sound event configuration are
seperate issues. See below.

> - it doesn't permit to disable some of the events intuitively

Couldn't this be solved somehow by launching the GNOME sound
configuration dialog.

> - it doesn't permit to the user to enable sound only for given
> applications

Is this on a design level? Is there a bug report about it?

> - it relies on ESD

Not for much longer...

Christian