Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] 0.98

Am Mittwoch, 19. Februar 2003 13:09 schrieb Christian Rose:

> Actually, that very much depends on where you live. The allocation of
> IPv4 address space to Asia is very limited, and hence in that region the
> demand for IPv6 support is much bigger than for example in the
> US/Europe, especially for ue with protocols that aren't really designed
> to work in NAT environments. So "nobody needs it" may be true where you
> and I live, but not in other (big) parts of the world.

I know that there is a big need, but hardly any ISP supports IPv6 atm, so why
add experimental stuff that only 0.01 % might be able to use ?

> > > - Remove the Gnome dependancy for the incoming call sound and add a
> > > dedicated section in the preferences for sound events in which the user
> > > can choose the sound to play for incoming calls, dial tone, busy tone,
> > > calling tone, disconnected, ...
> >
> > Yes
>
> Why duplicate functionality?

It would not duplicate functionality, it would add functionality for those
that don't use Gnome because right now the sound events don't work without
it.

Matti