Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Visual feedback

Le mer 24/12/2003 à 12:22, Josep Puigdemont a écrit :
> I think it would be also great to have this to indicate the round trip
> delay, like the ping bar in Xchat, it would give a graphical and better
> feedback to the user than the numbers in the statistics page (although
> less precise :). On the other hand there could be preferences to set
> color levels for the bar (green/yellow/red)...
> just an idea.

we have to take care to not bloat the GUI with too much visual feedback
outside of the stats part though. But I like the idea of a "connection
status" indicator. However, it won't be for 1.00 or I will never finish
it ;-)

> > But, where would I place it?
> >
> > Here are a few propositions :
> > a) Below the GnomeMeeting logo
> > b) In the stats part of the Control Panel, below the bandwidth graph.
> > c) In the audio part of the Control Panel
> > d) I wouldn't do that
> >

> I vote for 'a', I'd like to see it always, but maybe would be also nice
> to freely hide it, and 'b' seems also a logical option to me, but the
> stats panel is already quite full.
>

> Would it be possible to put it over the status bar, and let the user
> show/hide it? Well, of course it would be possible, but, would it be a
> good idea? ;-)

Do you mean : inside the status bar or just above it?
That doesn't sound too bad, even though I think something smaller and
more discrete would be better...