Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Visual feedback

That's great!

On Wed, 2003-12-24 at 10:08, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I guess you have all tried the new "visual feedback" from Stephane in

ouch, not yet, but I'm on my way to :)

> the configuration assistant. I think it could be interesting to have 2
> of those in the main GUI when you are in a call, that way, you would
> have the voice level displayed for reception and transmission, and also
> the used bandwidth (through the stats).

I think it would be also great to have this to indicate the round trip
delay, like the ping bar in Xchat, it would give a graphical and better
feedback to the user than the numbers in the statistics page (although
less precise :). On the other hand there could be preferences to set
color levels for the bar (green/yellow/red)...
just an idea.

> But, where would I place it?
>
> Here are a few propositions :
> a) Below the GnomeMeeting logo
> b) In the stats part of the Control Panel, below the bandwidth graph.
> c) In the audio part of the Control Panel
> d) I wouldn't do that

I vote for 'a', I'd like to see it always, but maybe would be also nice
to freely hide it, and 'b' seems also a logical option to me, but the
stats panel is already quite full.

Would it be possible to put it over the status bar, and let the user
show/hide it? Well, of course it would be possible, but, would it be a
good idea? ;-)

/Josep