Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Please all comment

To answer this, you need to think as a new user, that doesn't understand
things very well.

Once you have done that, try to think if you, as advanced users, have
used anything else than the default settings ;)

Le mer 10/12/2003 à 12:44, Damien Sandras a écrit :
> Le mer 10/12/2003 à 12:31, Iason Antipariotis a écrit :
> > maybe if we had a message when a user choose 56k or ISDN as connection
> > type like "video reception/transmission will be disabled, if you want
> > video reception/transmission please choose DSL" . This is enough clear imho
>
> That's a good idea... Simple and effective. I mailed Craig from OpenH323
> to know what he proposes but I really think your idea is good...
>
> Could also be "Please choose Custom Settings".
>
> Another question, for everyone... Is it clear for you how the video
> bandwidth arbitrator in the video codecs work?
>
> Should we keep the minimum framerate and minimum video quality settings,
> or should we have a slider like in many  software :
>
> ***
> Try to keep a video bandwidth of XXXX kB/s
> SPEED [-----------------------------|---------] QUALITY
> ***
>
> That way if the user chooses max quality, the current min. quality
> setting would be set to 70% and teh current min. framerate would be set
> to 2. That would permit to have the required bandwidth.
>
> Currently, I'm sure users choose :
> - Keep 2 kbytes/s
> - Keep a quality of minimum 100%
> - Keep a framerate of minimum 10 FPS
>
> With such settings, you will never have 2 kbytes/s
>
> So perhaps those settings are too complex for average users and that
> advanced users do not need them. What do you think?
(o-
//\     It-Optics s.a.
        FOSDEM 2004:  http://www.fosdem.org