RE: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Splash screen and start hidden

Hi Damien,

> I'm looking for comments about the following topics :
>
> 1) I had thought removing the "start hidden" option from the
> preferences and automatically start hidden if the
> gnomemeeting main window was not shown the last time the
> program was exited. However, thinking more about it leads me
> to think that it can be confusing for users and that it would
> be best to keep the option. Any comments ?

Imho that's counter-intuitive.. I usually close GM from the main window
(when i have had a nice chat before going to sleep) and still i'd expect my
GM to fire up hidden the next day..

> 2) GnomeMeeting has a superb splash screen. Splash screens
> are very useful for programs that take a long time to start,
> that's not the case of GnomeMeeting anymore on modern
> hardware, so I planned to disable the splash screen by
> default but keep the option available for users who really
> want a splash screen in their setups. Any comments ?

Yep, it's disabled here anyway, so no prob with me ;))

--
Best regards,
 Kilian