[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Splash screen and start hidden

> 1) I had thought removing the "start hidden" option from the preferences
> and automatically start hidden if the gnomemeeting main window was not
> shown the last time the program was exited. However, thinking more about
> it leads me to think that it can be confusing for users and that it
> would be best to keep the option. Any comments ?

I actually think that what your thinking of would be very logical. So I'm for it. Isn't this what GNOME session handling is for? To restore the application as close as possible to how it was before, in every aspect?
On the other hand, I suspect that the current setting is in fact a little confusing for someone who doesn't know the concept.

> 2) GnomeMeeting has a superb splash screen. Splash screens are very
> useful for programs that take a long time to start, that's not the case
> of GnomeMeeting anymore on modern hardware, so I planned to disable the
> splash screen by default but keep the option available for users who
> really want a splash screen in their setups. Any comments ?

I don't care, I just change the config if it doesn't suit me.
Maybe you could ask for it in the setup wizard, and so there wouldn't have to be any default value that overrides the users wishes? (Of course, if still has to be decided if the checkbox in the wizard should be checked or not by default though ;) )

Hakon