Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] [Fwd: Re: Quick question]

fre 2002-12-20 klockan 22.31 skrev Kilian Krause:
> so if Gnome HIG does ask to use it, i'd say, better do so for the sake
> of uniformity of the Desktop.

Agreed.
I'm not entirely sure I understand this issue, because I haven't been
able to find a reference to frames being bad in the 1.0 HIG. So I don't
really understand the issue with this, since if this recommendation
isn't in the HIG, GnomeMeeting isn't breaking the HIG.

But if it should be in the HIG, then I don't see why GnomeMeeting should
go in the other direction and be purposely different and breaking it. If
GnomeMeeting wants to be different than all other GNOME applications,
then I think GnomeMeeting should be renamed, and the "Gnome" part
removed from the name.
If you think the HIG is wrong in this or other areas, you should ask the
HIG to be fixed and provide what arguments for this you think are
relevant. Just breaking the HIG and saying "well we chose to ignore it
in this area" isn't fixing anything; it's just breaking everything.

Christian