[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] [debian] script building from latest cvs/snapshot

Hi,

HISTORY
I already sent it to a number of you, but this list is (as pointed out
by some) the best place to send it to. There are two differences with
that which I sent last time: it is a single .tar.bz2 (of 24k) instead of
four files (100k all), and it does some cleaning.

WHAT DOES IT DO
It fetches pwlib cvs, openh323 cvs, and gnomemeeting latest cvs
snapshot, patches them for debian, compiles them, makes debian packages
of it, and installs them.

CONTENTS
In the archive attached to this mail, you'll find:
- the script;
- a patch for the pwlib cvs;
- a patch for the openh323 cvs;
- a patch for the gnomemeeting cvs snapshot.

ASSUMPTIONS
This script makes some assumptions:
- you've got a debian system, with the convenient packages to build
packages from source;
- you've got all depends and build-depends of the official libpt,
libopenh323 and gnomemeeting packages;
- you've got enough sudo rights (to make binary, to install .debs and
make some cleaning)
- you have cvs and wget installed;
- you have enough room to work on the partition you launch it...

HOW TO USE
Untar the archive in a directory (~/gnomemeeting/, for example), and run
sh cvs-build-script. It should explain what it does step by step, and
give directions as to where to look for more information when it doesn't
give much itself...

KNOWN ISSUES
* No error checking;
* Does use to much power through sudo to do the cleaning;
* One chunk of the openh323 patch fails;
* I would like the gm package to be gnomemeeting-cvs_*.deb, similarly to
libpt and libopenh323;

Hope you'll find it useful,

Snark on #gnomemeeting