Re: gnome-control-center datetime problem

On Fri, 2014-05-09 at 14:18 +0000, John Frankish wrote:
Thanks, but what would be an equivalent API I could use?

Hey John,

I think you should report a bug to the Linux distribution you use. If
they ship GNOME without systemd, they are responsible for implementing
the timedated D-Bus interface themselves (which should be relatively
easy). timedated is a distribution-agnostic interface for changing the
timezone, so it makes sense for GNOME to depend on it.

gnome-control-center also depends on the localed D-Bus interface for the
region panel*, and the hostnamed D-Bus interface for changing hostname
in the Details and Sharing panel. These are all typically provided by
systemd, and if your distribution is missing one it's likely missing the
others as well.

Hope this helps