Wacom: Map buttons from the OSD

Hi folks,

When users want to map a tablet's button, they need to go through the "Map Buttons" dialog which shows a
treeview where numbered buttons can be assigned to functions.
While this is not complicated, it does require users to interpret those button numbers and associate them
with a tablet's layout.

I thought that an easier way for a user to map buttons would be to do it in the OSD Window which shows
already the buttons layout and design very close to the actual tablet's.
I don't know yet how difficult this would be (because the OSD Window just renders an SVG and highlights the
buttons being pressed) but if the OSD Window had two modes -- "normal", to just check the current button
mapping, and "edition", to map the buttons -- it would provide a much more natural way for the user to change
the mapping, IMHO.
This way, we could add a (graphical) button to the OSD Window to change its mode and, when the user chose the
"edit" mode, after pressing a button on the tablet, they would be presented with the mapping choices.

This requires a good deal of design so, in case you think this is a good idea, we could ask a designer to
come up with some sketches.

What do you think?

--
Joaquim Rocha