Re: Network Settings Plans

Hey Olivier,

Olivier Le Thanh Duong <olivier lethanh be> wrote:
> as I understand from your wireframes to create an Hotspot, an user would
> first need to create an ad-hoc wireless network and then configure it as an
> Hotspot, to me that seems hard to discover. Wouldn't it be better to go the
> other way around and have a "Share via Wifi" button on wired connections,
> which would just a popup a dialog asking for a Network Name (defaulting to
> the machine name) and a password?

Wireless hotspots would work just like they do now. An ad hoc network
is automatically created when you choose the hotspot option - it is a
single-step process.

We locate the hotspot button in the wireless section because a) it is
wireless and b) it takes over the wireless interface - you can't
connect to other wireless networks while a hotspot is in place.

Allan