Re: Network Settings Plans

Hi everyone,

I spent some time with Jon and Cosimo reviewing the network designs
during my recent trip to Boston Summit, and I've updated the mockups
according to what we discussed.

The wireless list design has been refined. There is now a separate
list for known networks.

The other major change is that we're aiming to include all the
functionality provided by network connection editor in System Settings
itself. As you can see from the mockups, the add connection dialog has
been updated to include a wider range of network types. There is also
a facility to have multiple "profiles" for wired connections; this
will allow different configurations for the same interface.

There are now some hi-res mockups. These will hopefully give a better
idea of what the finished product should look like:

 * https://raw.github.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-mockups/master/system-settings/network/aday/png/network.png
 * https://raw.github.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-mockups/master/system-settings/network/aday/png/add-connection.png
 * https://raw.github.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-mockups/master/system-settings/network/aday/png/wireless-list-dissect.png

The wireframes have also been updated:
https://github.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-mockups/tree/master/system-settings/network/aday/png

These designs aren't fully finalised yet and I'm sure that some
changes will be required. Feedback and discussion is welcome.

Best,

Allan
--
IRC:  aday on irc.gnome.org