Re: GNOME 3.2: mapping extra mouse buttons

On Wed, 2011-03-23 at 22:50 +0000, Sergey Udaltsov wrote:
> Why cannot current list of shortcuts be used as initial approach to
> "actions"? If we provide a way to map, along with the keyboard
> combination, some mouse button click (perhaps with kbd modifiers) -
> that would be usable solution.

Shortcuts can be used just fine.

I'm just saying that it would be useful to standardize on actions as
being the central way of telling an app to "do something" - whether the
source of the command is a keyboard shortcut, a gesture, an extra mouse
button, etc.

I mean, it sounds prettier to show

  Button          Action
    6             zoom in