gnome background manager

Hi:

I was trying to hack a little gnome background cause I want to gnome to change my wallpapers on every login from folder, and some other tweaks, and I can't found where that code lies.

So I'm asking: which gnome module draw the desktop background, I know nautilus draw the icons, but the background I don't know ? any directions ?

In other subject or kinda the same I found in http://live.gnome.org/Design/SystemSettings/Background that you think gnome shouldn't let the user set a background slideshow ? why is that ? or correct me if I misunderstand that.

Thxs