Re: Remove "About Me" for 3.0?

Hi Jon,

> Linux is clearly part of the GNOME OS just like it is in the
> Moblin/Meego, Android, and WebOS operating systems.  So is D-Bus,
> pulseaudio, etc.  You can't write a great application for just Linux,
> nor for GNU/Linux.  But if we set our minds to it we can do it in
> GNOME.
>
> There will still be external efforts to port GNOME to BSD, Solaris, or
> Hurd but we should really acknowledge that GNOME is written for Linux.

Sure you won't get as much opposition writing this on gnomecc-list
than on desktop-devel-list, but you should well know this mindset is
not the only one, as shown repeatedly, in the recent GNOME Shell
discussion, or earlier when it was about DeviceKit, or PulseAudio,
or...

What kind of action would you want to see from the release team (for
technical aspects), the marketing team (as there's "desktop for your
GNU/Linux or UNIX computer" on the gnome.org homepage), and other
parties, on this matter?

        Frederic