Re: Right click a property to set as default, mandatory, etc?

Hi

GSettings already has some very slight GTK integration: you can bind
widgets to certain keys in the database.  The "integration" part here
comes from the fact that the widget will be set insensitive if the key
is read-only.

As for being able to right click on arbitrary buttons around the desktop
and say "set this as the default" -- that seems weird to me.  I'd be a
lot happier to see you able to run certain applications in a special
mode that allowed for that (maybe some administrator mode set by
environment variable?) or just a mode that is modifying the default
settings instead of the per-user ones (and then a right-click item for
"lock this setting").

Of course there's an interesting problem here:  locking the setting
would cause the widget to appear insensitive which, by my understanding
of GTK, would prevent the delivery of further right-click events.....
Maybe instead of being set insensitive it would rather get a red
background (or such) in "admin mode".

Cheers