Re: Control center refresh

Hey Calum,

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 12:15 PM, Calum Benson<Calum Benson sun com> wrote:
> Some folks at Sun (not including me, really) have been working up some ideas
> for a control center shell refresh.  If I'd been more organised I'd have
> liked to give a lightning talk or something about it in Gran Canaria last
> week, but have done the next best thing instead-- I've just blogged about it
> :)
>
> <http://blogs.gnome.org/calum/2009/07/14/control-center-refresh/>

Thanks so much for doing this.  It looks really neat.  It is also
really nice to have the card sorting data there.

I think a new control center shell will be an important part of our
GNOME 3.0 story.  However, that means that we need to get moving on
this pretty soon.  I think a first task may be to try to reconcile
some of the ideas in your work with some of those that Matthew Thomas
put here:
http://live.gnome.org/SystemSettings

One thing that I really like about Matthew's design is keeping
everything in one toplevel window.  But it seems to me like that would
also be possible with the stuff you blogged about, right?

Calum, what do you think of http://live.gnome.org/SystemSettings?
And Matthew, what do you think of
http://blogs.gnome.org/calum/2009/07/14/control-center-refresh ?

It seems to me that we're moving in the right direction.  Good news!

Thanks,
Jon