Starting with relevent pages open should be standard

Hello!

I realized something while poking around in my system preferences today: That gnome-control-center has a lot of tools, each with a lot of pages for different types of information. That's dandy, until those tools start referring me to other ones. The default tools doing that is fairly unusual in GNOME, nicely, but it does happen and should be widely supported...

So, the issue we have is these tools almost always open up with the first page open, even when that page is not the one relevent to what the user is working on. Sometimes, such as in the case of gnome-keyboard-properties, there are arbitrary command line arguments for certain pages but not all. In that example, there is the --typing-break argument, but nothing for the Layouts page! Other configuration tools have absolutely no options like that anywhere.

This could be implemented fairly easily (every application hard coding these arguments...), and would mean very good things for usability. Indeed, the existing dialogs don't need it, but there is no telling when a program not packed with gnome-control-center decides to point to one of these tools.
The tricky part would be submitting all the bug reports for each unique situation, which is why I opted to post about it here. Seems a fine thing to stick in the gnome-love stuff, or as a Google Highly Open task.

...Or, naturally, to simply do!

Bye,
-Dylan McCall