Re: gnome-control-center 2.22 proposals
- From: "Sergey Udaltsov" <sergey udaltsov gmail com>
- To: "Denis Washington" <dwashington gmx net>
- Cc: gnomecc-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: gnome-control-center 2.22 proposals
- Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 15:29:37 +0100
> Also if run from any terminal?
Do you mean gnome-terminal? gnome-terminal itself is executed by
gnome-panel which is executed by the gnome-session. But if you allow
other, non-session, apps to be executed on your X display (for
example, using xhost command) - yes, those apps would be totally
unaware of your settings. But that is a real bad case which you cannot
cover 100% (at least I do not know any low level X machinery for it).
> I don't know how that should work
> technically, but if this is the case, gnome-session would be the natural
> place to set the localization-related environment variables.
Do we have any gnome-session guy on this list? At least to comment
whether I am right or not.
] [Thread Prev