Re: gnome-control-center 2.22 proposals

On Sun, 2007-09-16 at 19:01 +0100, Sergey Udaltsov wrote:
> Denis,
>
> > I created mockups for both proposed preferences dialogs. They can be
> > found here:
> >
> > http://ultimum-projekt.de/mockups/input.html
> > http://ultimum-projekt.de/mockups/i18n.html
> I totally like your mockups. But I could not find the place for
> "layout options" in them. Could you please add that pile of ...
> checkboxes and radios somewhere? Do you see it as separate popup (with
> "Options" button on "Keyboard Layout" tab) - or something else?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sergey

(Sorry, forgot to hit Reply All the first time.)

There are two possibilites:

* Just add a Layout Options tab to the localization capplet. As there
are only two tabs there currently, this wouldn't make things crammed.

* Make the layout options a separate window (not a separate capplet)
which can be opened with a "Details..." button in the Keyboard Layout
tab. As these settings are likely to be used very rarely, this would be
OK as well. In contrast to the separate-tab approach, it would avoid the
problems of having two separate but very strongly related tabs.

A third one would be to just remove the layout options as very few
people ever need it, but I would personally go with #2 because somebody
may need it.

Cheers,
Denis