localization capplet

Hi

I just committed the skeleton of the new localization capplet, based on
Denis' mockup (without the layouts tab, as discussed on the list).

Now the question is how to implement this on a per-user basis. I am
really not sure what to do, given we need to work well on Solaris (and
others).

First thought was to have the capplet just set/get values in GConf, and
then gnome-settings-daemon (or -session or GDM, since we really need to
get language settings up before the first app starts up, right?) set the
environment variables/whatever needs to be done.

Thoughts?
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>