Re: Sub-tabs in capplets

On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 16:31 -0400, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 19:31 +0000, Calum Benson wrote:
> > I guess the "taking a step back" question might be: how do Mac and
> > Windows avoid having multi-level complexity in their capplets?  Without
> > looking at either of them, I can think of maybe one Mac capplet that has
> > a second-level dropdown list, and none on Windows.
>
> On Windows, they just avoid the issue, and have multi-level tabs, or
> peruse the feature of the notebook widget on Windows, where it stacks
> the tabs,

Hmm, as a matter of interest, which Windows control panels does this
apply to?  I don't have Windows box handy to check, and I can't picture
any in my head :/

>  rather than having the spinbutton-like navigation that we
> do in GTK+. This means that all tabs are always visible in those
> applications (cf MS Office Preferences).

FWIW, I was talking specifically about their control panels; I know some
of their apps certainly just throw in as many tabs as they can think up.

Cheeri,
Calum.