Re: Sub-tabs in capplets

- General subtab of the layout tab: Should keyboard layout not be combined
  with input method selection ?  That would be much more logical to me.
  Of course, that would require us to commit to one input method
  framework, e.g. scim.
There is logic with combining IM and XKB on user level - but there is
absolutely no way to get rid of XKB altogether. You'd annoy half of
the globe.

- Options subtab of the layout tab: This tab really  need redesign. It is
  basically an automatic translations of XKB config file options into UI.
  We should not allow this to go through a major capplet review without
  improvements.
I am ok with improvements but please keep in mind these
options/strings/groups etc are entirely driven by the options
available from X server (namely xorg.xml). If you hardcode any of it,
you are creating hard dependency on xorg (i.e. xkeyboard-config) -
even hard dependency on some particular versions (noone promised these
options to be always available and unchangeable).

What I see would be realistic is improving xorg.xml file in order to
make user-visible information easier to understand.

But anyway, I am open to any reasonable options, except probably:
- dropping XKB support altogether in favor of scim
- hardcoding any options/groups names (creating hard dependency)
- dropping layout options altogether

Regards,

Sergey