Re: Sub-tabs in capplets

On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 20:24 +0100, Denis Washington wrote:

>  So I propose
> to add a group of toggle buttons to the top of the content  of those
> tabs which need them. They can be separated from the actual content by a
> separator. The following link shows a mockup of this (it shows a dialog
> that combines the options of the "Keyboard" and "Keyboard Accessibility"
> capplets):
>
> http://ultimum-projekt.de/mockups/keyboard.html

FWIW, it's more common on other platforms to do this kind of thing with
a dropdown list rather than a group of toggle buttons.  If you're going
to have the toggle buttons, you might as well have the tabs IMHO.

I guess the "taking a step back" question might be: how do Mac and
Windows avoid having multi-level complexity in their capplets?  Without
looking at either of them, I can think of maybe one Mac capplet that has
a second-level dropdown list, and none on Windows.

Cheeri,
Calum.