Re: new "Add layout" dialog

I'm not a gui expert, but I have never seen italic or bold text used
Actually in 99% comboboxes all options are "equal" - that is why noone
usually needs that kind of highlighting. What about adding 2 radio
buttons: one would indicate "default" variant - while another would
enable the comboboxentry with all non-default variants? Semantically
this would be more correct, I'd say - but I do not know whether it is
HIGish enough. And sure it would take a bit of screen space.

in comboboxes so far, so I would going for separator and/or icon. As
for the icon, what about this tango ribbon from Jimmac's collection (I
don't know if gnome-icon-theme has a similar icon)?
http://jimmac.musichall.cz/wipicons/Tango/48x48/application-certificate.png
This really looks like something "certified" to me...

Sergey