Re: Plans for 2.20

Rodrigo,

First question: what would be the performance penalty? I know some
GNOME developers spent huge amount of time optimizing the startup
sequence and minimizing the statup delay. What kind of performance hit
do you expect introducing DBus interaction? As an alternative - could
g-s-d become build-time modular rather than runtime modular? What
would be the advantage of the runtime modularity here? Do you expect
any particular modules which would be delivered outside of g-c-c
package?

Providing some DBus interfaces for external apps sounds like a
reasonable idea - but moving internal g-s-d interfaces to DBus looks a
bit questionable, performance-wise.

Please understand me right - I am not saying your idea is totally
wrong, I am just having some doubts and asking you to resolve them.

There is still the question of what to do with the current D-Bus interface for the keyboard.
What's the problem with it? It would be implemented by the keyboard
module, wouldn't it?

Regards,

Sergey