Re: Plans for 2.20

On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 12:24 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 10:48 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:

> just had a look at http://live.gnome.org/PreferencesRevisited and it
> came to my mind the idea of, once for all, merge the GNOME System tools
> applets with g-c-c (when it makes sense). That is, Carlos Garnacho (GST
> maintainer) just told me we just need to use liboobs, and thus provide
> both admin and user preferences merged.
>
> The problem I see is how to enable/disable GUI settings depending on the
> user running the capplet. That is, if I run it with my user 'rodrigo', I
> don't have rights to change the network interfaces. So, it should be
> possible to 'become administrator' or something similar to change system
> settings.
>
> That would solve the proxy vs network-admin duplication, for instance,
> and others.

this is the list of tools in GST:
* network: merge it with proxy settings
* users: with about-me??? I don't know if it makes sense
* shares
* time
* runlevel services

Most of them make sense separated, at least given there is not conflicts
with g-c-c capplets. Maybe they could be kept in g-s-t module?
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo novell com>